We recommend the same size bicycle individuals ride at their home address. (Sizes are indicated on the sidewall of the bike tires).
BIKE SIZE DETERMINATION
Generally, considering the available bike rental categories:
- TAXI - Riders height is 6'3" and taller
- 26" Adult ISLAND CRUISERs - 5'2" to 6'3"
- 24" Bikes - 4'5" to 5'2"
- 20" Bikes - 4' to 4'5"
- 16" Bikes - 3'7" to 4'
- 12" Bikes - 2'10" to 3'7"
Note: 12", 16", and 20" Bikes can be rented with training wheels. Please specify at the time of reservation.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT CHARACTERISTICS:
- Child (Burley Bee) trailers are rated to carry 100 pounds. (Not recommended for children under 12 months of age.)
- Cargo trailers are rated to carry 100 pounds.
- Child Seats (Baby seats behind the adult bike seat) are rated to carry 40 pounds. (Not recommended for children under 12 months of age.)
Note: All trailers require rental of a bike as the prime mover.
- Tandem bikes are adult bikes built for two adults.
- A Trail-a-bike (is not a tandem bike) and attaches to an adult ISLAND CRUISER 26" bike. It allows a child (4' - 4'5") to learn balance and has its own handlebars, seat, and pedals (see picture).
- During peak seasons (Spring Break, May 20 - Labor Day) if there are size problems with children's bikes (or helmets), we may request vacationers to bring the bikes to our location at 3665 Bohicket Rd, Johns Island to swap the item for the correct size.
Online orders must be placed 2 days prior to delivery.
Rental Contract & Release of Liability
The lessee of this vehicle or equipment agrees to waive all claims and /or causes of action against the Lessor (Island Bike & Surf Shop) arising from the operation, use or misuse of the subject equipment or vehicle. The renter also agrees to pay all charges, including rental of and damages to the equipment, which accrue because of the rental, and will at the expiration of the rental period leave the equipment in as good condition as received by the renter, ordinary wear and tear expected. Renter also agrees to be responsible for misplaced, unlocked, or lost equipment and locks. I agree with the terms and conditions of our rental agreement.